Yay! You found us! I’m so glad you are here. If you’ve made it to this page, it’s probably because you read a post and want to learn a bit (or a lot) more about who I am and what we’re all about. Perfect! Let’s get to the nitty gritty.
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF…
- You are a work-at-home mom struggling to balance life
- You are a blogger trying to get to the next level in your business
- You need a little inspiration to get you through your days
- You love to read about blogging tips
- You have a very busy life, like to keep things simple, but still feel like a hot mess
My name is Darci Lopez, and I am the founder of Life Unplanned. I am mom to two, an 8-year-old and a threenager. I’ve been married to my husband for 10 years. We got married later in life, had our children later in life, so we are in our forties raising a young family.
My background is in social work and real estate, both professions in which I was able to help people. In fact, I started the Life Unplanned Facebook group so that I could reach more people on a personal level and offer my support and guidance. Helping is my passion.
Since starting Life Unplanned, I’ve launched two e-books, the most recent of which is List Building for Bloggers the Basics, and I’ve also created a My Productivity Planner that are both awesome LU swag. I’ve been honored to be published on the Huffington Post and I’ve been a featured blogger on State of Liberation.
LIFE UNPLANNED IN THE BEGINNING
I’m embarrassed to say that Life Unplanned was started on a whim. I was laying in bed one evening reading blogs on my tablet when my husband came in and said, “Instead of reading blogs, why don’t you write your own?” He did not know the impact of what he was saying because three days later I’d launched my blog.
I didn’t know what I was doing or where I was going to take Life Unplanned. All I knew was that I wanted to do it. I wanted to share information to help people. So over the course of the next year, I read everything I could find on blogging, marketing, and sales. I took every course. I listened to every podcast. And I learned so much.
We’ve come a long way baby.
I help mom bloggers be more efficient and productive by sharing information about work-life balance and blogging tips. Life Unplanned is a space where you can gain information, be part of a community, and share your struggles and your wins in both your personal and professional life.
THE SECRET TRUTH BEHIND LIFE UNPLANNED (TMI)
Here’s where I give you lots of random info about me so that you can determine if I’m your brand of crazy.
Random Personal Facts:
- I suffered from disordered eating for 10 years of my youth. I became anorexic when I was 12. And I attribute my current health situation (fibromyalgia) to many years of abusing my body.
- I abused drugs and alcohol in my youth also. It just keeps getting better, doesn’t it?
- My degree is in social work. I think I went into the field thinking that I could not only cure myself but others as well.
- My other degree is in vocal performance. I even sang with a Prince tribute band in Minneapolis!
- I belly danced off and on for 18 years. I danced with a troupe in Atlanta and have performed in various venues. I don’t dance anymore.
- I worked as a Realtor until I had my first child. I’ve since been a SAHM/WAHM and love every minute of it.
- I was an “advanced maternal age” mom. I had my first at 35 and my second at 39! They are now seven and three respectively. Do the math.
- I had secondary infertility and went through almost three years of fertility treatments. Three IUIs (intrauterine inseminations) and two IVFs later, I was blessed with my baby.
- I have lived with fibromyalgia for almost 20 years. I’ve learned a lot about the disease, a lot about myself, and a lot about others.
- Five years ago, I had surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome and De Cuervain’s syndrome. A week after I gave birth to my first, I lost all feeling in both hands. No fun at all.
- While in college I sold Mary Kay. Within three months of being with the company, I was on target for my car.
- Quit Mary Kay to study for the L-SAT. (I think the only reason I did so was that I was in a bit of competition with my college boyfriend who was working on his PhD.)
13. Was admitted to law school.
- Same week admitted to law school decided I wasn’t going because I was going to sing in an acapella group. Really. No joke.
- Never did make it to law school, but sang with Intuition for 2 years.
- I had braces twice in my lifetime, once as an adolescent, and once as an adult.
- After my first child was born I worked as a transcriptionist from home, transcribing mostly television shows, reality shows, documentaries, and specials.
- Started blogging two years ago on a whim and ran with it!
- My hobby is sewing. My happy place is behind my sewing machine. When I’m there, I’m in the zone.
- I’m a dog person. We currently have two but have had up to four at a time. Their names are Max and Wiggles and they sleep with me every night.
- I’m Puerto Rican.
- I’m an introvert.
- It’s difficult for me to make close friends, as I tend to withhold.
- I’m 43 years old. My body feels 100 and my mind feels 18.
- I seriously appreciate you! I love that I’ve been able to build a community of women… and a few men, who value the insight, perspective, and inspiration that Life Unplanned has to offer.
You’ve stuck with me to the end. Thank you! I hope I’ve given you the info you need (and a dash extra) to determine if Life Unplanned is right for you. I hope that it is! That being said, I can’t wait to show you more. Here are the best places to start exploring the site.
Do let me know if I’ve left any question unanswered or if you are just curious to know more 😉
Join our thriving Facebook group. A community of awesome men and women where you can post questions, advice, support, and inspiration to the wall or in the daily threads. We talk about all things blogging and then some. If you are a WAHM or blogger looking for community and camaraderie, this is the place for you.
Reach out to me:
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]